Cumbria Tourism’s Wedding Venue of the Year 2022 and Visit England’s Gold Winner of Small Hotel of Year 2023! Located just a few miles from Penrith, England, Askham Hall and Bank Barn provides the modern country house and barn wedding venue combo you’ve been looking for. Situated along the edge of the beautiful Lake District National Park in Cumbria, the venue is suitable for celebrations of all sizes and styles. It offers a luxurious, intimate and relaxed place in which to say “I do”.
Askham Hall is licensed for civil ceremonies in the Grade II listed barn, the 16th century Medieval Hall and the Grade I listed manor house. If the weather is on your side, the gardens are also available for tying the knot. For a traditional ceremony, St. Peters Church and St. Michael’s Church are just a short distance away. Within the venue’s grounds, the Bank Barn has been beautifully restored to welcome you and your loved ones. It boasts original features, such as bare stone walls and a beamed oak ceiling, mixed with contemporary décor. Seating up to 150 guests, it is a fantastic setting for a wedding in every season. The cosier 16th century Medieval Hall is perfect for minimonies seating up to 70, or for a more intimate wedding, 30 guests ‘in-house’.
The hotel offers exclusive use for couples, and we ask that you spend a minimum of two nights if you are holding your nuptials here, taking a minimum of 9 rooms the night before the wedding and at least 15 rooms the night of your wedding. This means that you will have the day beforehand to set up your wedding perfectly, with the help of the dedicated events team.
19 luxurious bedrooms will be at your disposal at Askham Hall. There are another 6 bedrooms at the venue’s sister property, The Queen’s Head, a charming inn located in the village of Askham. George and Dragon inn, only a 5-minute drive away, can also form part of your accommodation, offering 11 newly refurbished opulent bedrooms; all of which are dog friendly.
Spring is a truly beautiful season to get married thanks to its blossoming natural beauty, comfortable weather, and versatile options.
We are delighted to announce the availability of a limited number of exclusive spring wedding dates for 2024, where you can enjoy substantial savings. Secure your wedding in April or May wedding with us and receive the following as complimentary:
- Exquisite spring floral arrangements for your table centres, thoughtfully curated by Wild Ivy
- A welcome drink for each of your guests, with the choice of Pimms or Proscecco
- A two-night stay in our luxurious Honeymoon Suite
Please get in touch with the team for availability, bespoke pricing and further details! T&Cs apply*”
Year on year we set business goals that include strategies focussed around the following criteria:
- Removing single use plastics and reducing our use of paper across our business with guests and B2B
- Constantly review and improve our waste management and recycling strategies, with all staff trained on the importance of recycling
- Reducing the carbon footprint of our business operation
- All kitchen food waste is composted
- All vegetables and some fruits come from our gardens, and meat from our farms
- We have a pond with a duck and geese habitat, creating a positive ecosystem
- We source local suppliers wherever possible to reduce food miles
- We use local contractors wherever possible
- We have a water borehole on site, only extracting what is needed
- We use only eco friendly chemicals and cleaning materials
- Introducing electric car charging stations across our establishments
- We have a sound limiter in the barn to reduce noise pollution and annoyance to neighbours